












Wow- what a way to begin 2010- spending it in Florida with family, walt disney world, and a football coaches convention. Paki and I knew that the annual Coaches Conference (AFCA- American Football Coaches Association) would be held in Orlando, Florida this year- so we planned to take a jont down there with the whole family just to go somewhere warm and maybe go to a beach and find a place to stay- like camping or something. When we told my parents about it last summer- they liked the idea so much that they wanted to join us, and then my sister Tracy and her family wanted join us too. So- to make the trip more fun for us while Paki would be at the convention- my parents surprised the grandkids with tickets to Walt Disney World for Christmas.
We spent two days at Magic Kingdom- Wow- I felt like a kid again. We were all so happy- no big melt downs at all from anyone. I always thought I would take my kids to Walt Disney world when they got older so they could remember it more and avoid the melt downs. But I was wrong- we had so much fun and did so much that no one had room to complain. Aside from the fact that it was COLD!!!! Yes, the time that Florida was hitting their deep freeze that rarely occurs- we were there. We just bunddled up and went out and had fun. I think that having extended family to help made it more fun and easy. And I refound my love for roller coasters. Our family's favorite ride was thunder mountain. The boys loved Walt Disney World- Thank you Papa and Grandma!!!
Paki also had a great time at the football Coaches Convention, luckily he was able to spend a day and a half at Walt Disney world and then spent the other few days at the Football coaches convention. He had the best of both worlds- family, AFCA, and Walt Disney- He was a happy man.
4 comments:
I love family trips that turn out well with no melt downs. Sounds like you all had a lot of fun.
How FUN! We loved WDW too. I'm glad that your parents were able to join you.
Oh the memories! Hey - I didn't know your better half was going down the coaching route. Did you know Jarod - Amy Jo's husband did that for a number of years? I'm sure they could share some tips of what did and did not work for them.
Okay, Ben is out of the loop@#! We never had the money to go. What did he do? Did it help? Jarrod is interested in this ;-)
Post a Comment