Tuesday, February 16, 2010

HS Football Recognition Banquet

Our first glimpse of Football award Banquets-

I forgot to bring my camera to the banquet- but I may not have been able to take any pictures anyway since I was manning two squirmy children. Paki and I quickly learned not to bring children under the age of 8 to an awards banquet= boring for the little ones anyway.

But overall it was a nice dinner awarding the whole HS football team and coaches. The coaches were mainly acknowledged, but it was the hand shakes and hugs from football players that made it all worth while. One player in particular, Paki worked hardest with him, and now he is recruited to play at Austin Peay. That was one of the biggest smiles I've seen on Paki- he was so happy for this football player.

3 comments:

Leslie B said...

That's so great! It's always good to know you've made a difference.

Jo Jo said...

That's a nice perk with the job, including football tickets.

Jo Jo said...

I hit the enter button too soon! I meant the banquet was a nice perk. Affecting lives is what life is all about.