Amazingly, there was an extreme panic for gasoline this weekend. Gas stations were running out of gas. It all began last weekend- the weekend of Hurricane IKE. Because of the hurricane the oil refineries and Oil plants that come from the Gulf coast and Houston area for the southern half of the US; shipments were going to stop for a few days and then be delayed. Well, on Friday the 12 of September, the panic slightly began and people filled up there tanks with gas. Even then the supply was running out and people were forced to find a station that had gas. Paki came home with a car tank full and then purcased two more 5 gal. cans of gas. We felt really blessed to have that this weekend, because this is when the panic really happened. All of Middle Tennessee was empty. Gas was extreemly sparce- disel was the only thing available. It was weird to see blank gas station prices on their signs, and bags on all of the handles at the pumps. In Nashville the police had to even keep everyone calmed down after two men fought there way in line at the gas station.
All in all, we felt blessed to have gas to fill our car this weekend so that we could make it to church. Lesson learned- BE prepared. Think about it this way- if people were panicing with trying to find a station that had gas- what if it were food- what would the panic look like then.
http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080919/NEWS/80919020
4 comments:
That is so amazing! We didn't have a gas shortage, our priced jumped! It's so weird how events affect different areas of the country differently. Good for you for being prepared. Amy Jo P.S. Thanks for remembering Jarrod.
That makes you think twice
WOW! I can't believe I am only 8 hours away from that and we have had no problems with gas. That totally made me think what if!!
Wow! That is crazy.
Hey Amy...you are more than welcome to come to the temple luncheon - everyone is welcome! I was confused as to why you would think you are not. The more the merrier - your dad is welcome too of course!!! We actually are moving the date though. It's now Nov. 7th I think. I'll update my blog when I finalize things.
Post a Comment