We are in a state that is surrounded by civil war history- which our whole family has become captivated with. We have returned to Stone River National Park twice already. The boys are trying to achieve their junior ranger badges. It's been interesting to see the sadness that occurred during the civil war time, yet so so much solomen honor. Sai asked me again why these men fought and died, as we were standing in their national cemetary. I explained once again that it was for freedom of slaves. I explained that there were brothers fighting brothers, cousins, fathers, sons,... As I continued to talk about it with Sai, I got that spritual feeling of goose bumps all over my body- not of frieght, but of solomn remembrance for what they were fighting for: freedom, and freedom of slaves- how grateful I am to those that fought. We have found a reverence that lies here to remember.
1 comment:
I'm enjoying all these posts! We would love to be there earning our junior park ranger badges as well! We thought that was a cool program.
Post a Comment