Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Our family Trip- Camping









Paki and I realized that we hadn't been on a family vacation with just our family since Sai was a baby. So we decided to go camping. We went to Henry Horton State Park - only 45 min. South of us. We stayed only one night- but we had fun. It rained and became a little threatening with thunder and lightening, but it passed quickly and we were able to enjoy our stay. The main hight light of our campsite was our washing station. We got the can from a family in our ward that presented the idea at an emergency planning night. We didn't have to remind our boys to wash their hands. Next time we need to stay a little longer and bring flashlights- minor detail.

6 comments:

Becky said...

missed you at Camp Joe! I loved seeing your parents. Your dad is SO cute. My favorite family activity is CAMPING! Glad you had fun. :)

Joey Pauga said...

Nice your camping trip! :)

Jo Jo said...

I see the can in the picture, I want details! It looks awesome. write them here, and I'll check back!

Holly said...

You are so very brave...I hate camping but you guys make it looks so fun! I have to admit though, camping was one of my childhood favorite memories as a kid growing up. Great job on creating the same memories!

KeriLyn and Matthew said...

That looks like fun....we just went camping last week!

Amy M. said...

Hand Washing Station

The can is so simple.
1- # 10 can
1- hanger
1- hand soap
1- nylon stockings (panty hose)
1- string
1- small stick
1- nail

Use a #10 can, poke 3 holes with a nail. One at the bottom of the can, and 2 at the top of the can- opposite of each other. Untangle a hanger- and cut if it's too long. Bend the wire into the two top holes for the pail effect (handle).
Then cut the nylon (1 foot in length). Knot the nylon on one end. Place the soap inside of the nylon. Knot the other end of the nylon around the handle.
Finally- knot the string around the other side of the handle (opposite of the soap). Next whittle the a small twig that will fit into the hole at the bottom of the can- it will act as a stopper. Then tie the string around the twig.

Fill with water and whoala- a water station! Although you may find that twig will fall out of the knot- but when camping it's pretty easy to replace.