Thursday, September 10, 2009

Hand Washing Station


After much interest, I thought I'd pass on the helpful idea that was introduced to us- enjoy.

Hand Washing Station

The can is so simple.
1- # 10 can
1- hanger
1- hand soap
1- nylon stockings (panty hose)
1- string
1- small stick
1- nail

Use a #10 can, poke 3 holes with a nail. One at the bottom of the can, and 2 at the top of the can- opposite of each other. Untangle a hanger- and cut if it's too long. Bend the wire into the two top holes for the pail effect (handle).

Then cut the nylon (1 foot in length). Knot the nylon on one end. Place the soap inside of the nylon. Knot the other end of the nylon around the handle.

Finally- knot the string around the other side of the handle (opposite of the soap). Next whittle the a small twig that will fit into the hole at the bottom of the can- it will act as a stopper. Then tie the string around the twig.

Fill with water and whoala- a water station! Although you may find that twig will fall out of the knot- but when camping it's pretty easy to replace. Notice our twig was missing in the picture.

4 comments:

Steven C. said...

That's a nice setup - a very old Boy Scout arrangement we used to use when *I* was a Scout, and I am *oooolllldddd!!!*

By the way, I think the HTML on your blog is a little messed up. I see lots of HTML code displayed - maybe something you did when you added the custom background from Cutest Blog on the Block. Just FYI.

Jo Jo said...

(I don't see code ) Thanks for sharing this idea - a definite must on our next camping trip.

balmforth.family said...

way cool. I'm liking that!

Tracy Laverty said...

Amy- you are so resourceful. It looks like you guys had fun camping.