
I was making some cheese filled cherry tomatoes on Sunday, and Sai wanted to help cut the cherry tomatoes. With all the left over cut up tops from the tomatoes, Sai decided to keep cutting. He kept saying that he felt like a chef and then wanted to be a chef- I think it was the use of a knife that made him really enjoy this moment. So I said well, lets continue this and actually create something. So then we cut up some avocado that I had and added some seasoning. He was so proud of his concoction. He's been wanting to make it again, so next time I'll add pictures of him making it step, by step.
Learning to create something is such a powerful thing:
"The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul. No matter our talents, education, backgrounds, or abilities, we each have an inherent wish to create something that did not exist before. Everyone can create. You don’t need money, position, or influence in order to create something of substance or beauty. Creation brings deep satisfaction and fulfillment. We develop ourselves and others when we take unorganized matter into our hands and mold it into something of beauty..."
~President Dieter F. Uchtdorf Second Counselor in the First Presidency of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
4 comments:
I want to know more about those cheese filled cherry tomatoes! Yummy salsa, good for you for helping him do that! You're such a good Mom.
Mmm...I love Salsa!! Send some my way!
You know that salsa is a food group all it's own. Good job Sai for creating something yummy.
Good for Sai - we need a chef in the family.
Post a Comment