
The day after I turned 8 years old my family and I moved accross the states from Texas to Northborough, Massachusetts. I entered the second grade at Proctor Elementary and was put in Mrs. Daltons classroom where I made some of my best friends.
Jen Lenz and Megan Anderson had also moved to Northborough around the same time I had- so we instantly clung to each other and formed fast friendships that continue today. We all lost touch during some of the college years- but then reconnected when we had our weddings. We have new friends and families, but we continue to keep in touch every now and then. All in all- these two are where that line that is so familiar comes in play- "Make new friends but keep the old- One is silver but the other's gold". I am so grateful for my friends.
Jen had a business trip in Nashville last week- so she came to visit. We just talked and talked and talked and go caught-up about so many things. It was fun to introduce her to my little family and to see pictures of her family. Of all places we reconnected on facebook. I'm not a huge facebook junkie- but I have enjoyed reuniting with friends that live so far away or old friends that I have been able to reconnect with. I'm so grateful for moments like these where we get to see those from our happy memories that seem so long ago that almost have become dreams- and have them come back into our lives that make it all real.
3 comments:
That's exactly how I feel about Facebook = great for finding and reconnecting. Yeah for school friends!
You guys could almost pass as sisters.
That is fun that you got to see here.....I remember her!!!
Post a Comment