So I've been a little delayed in updating our family happenings. I can't say that we were really that busy- but as the every day little things- they add up and at the end of the day trying to battle a slow computer when I just want to go to bed- I guess the busy really does add-up.
Although I did get to enjoy my moments of solitude and relaxation with my sisters and mom in Aruba at the end of January. Wow- that was wonderful. Just what the doctor ordered. We had been planning this trip for a year. We all bought our plane tickets last spring and then sent money to my mom instead of sending each other birthday gifts or Christmas gifts. So we had a good amount of money to play with while we were there. The only decisions I needed to make in Aruba was when to go down to the beach, what to eat, and if I wanted to order a pina-colada or strawberry-dacqare- virgin of course; I also had Matai with me- but he just went with the flow. What a life. But by the end of the week I was oddly ready to get back into my busy mom mode. I had the best time to just sit and spend the week laughing and talking with my sisters and my mom- but I missed my boys. Paki was wonderful to take care of Sai and Taima; and he truly appreciated everything that I do everyday with taking care of the boys. I told him that I need to make this more of a habit to leave him with the boys every now and then- but I won't do it any time soon. I do have to say that I really do love being a mom and a wife. I love my family. See I do appreciate them even more- another reason that it's ok for me to go on a vacation every now and then.
5 comments:
Yay! You posted pics! I have been soooooo waiting! Thanks! I love them all and it is so cool that you, your mom and your sisters all go to get away! How fabulous! You guys deserve a little girl time, girls are great!
Wow, no wonder you've been absent! Aruba, I had no idea. What a great idea. Isn't it great little babies still fly for free. I'm glad you had a great time, but coming home refreshed is priceless. Great pics of Christmas. Love parents visiting.
What a fun trip...I think the Hutchins' girls need to learn from you example...and plan a nice get away. Glad you had the chance to get away and come back refreashed.
Lucky duck. :) Glad you got to get away. What must that be like?
Hey Amy,
I didnt know you were a blogger! Send me your email address so that I can invite you to our blog!
♥
Tycie
tyciealane@yahoo.com
Post a Comment